The IP Code reflects the degree of protection as “IP” followed by two numbers; the first digit shows the extent to which enclosures are protected against particles and protection to others from enclosed hazards.
Characteristics of IP 55 FTTH box:
- Protection from dirt, dust, oil, and other non-corrosive material
- Protection from water, up to water projected by a nozzle against FTTH box from any direction
- Available in aluminium, and stainless steel
- Available in wall-mounted, free standing and Rack mounted box
- Custom with cutouts, insulation, hinges, latches, or locks
The rating consists of the letters IP followed by 2 digits, the first digit stands for the level of protection that the enclosure provides against solid bodies,
IP 55 = First Digit – Solids
The second digit describes the degree of protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against water.